Annual traditions are part of what makes the holiday season so special, and the Richmond Tacky Lights Tour is one of unique ways area residents display their holiday spirit. Each year the houses on the tour up the ante, making the experience feel new every time. That’s what has earned the tour a spotlight on TLC and has made it a popular attraction up and down the East Coast.
When you see the Tacky Lights Tour from our charter buses, you won’t have to navigate traffic or worry about plotting the best route, we’ll handle it all! Whether you’re a seasoned Tacky Lights Tour aficionado or brand-new to the area, the tour experience aboard our buses will quickly make it to the top of your holiday must-do list.
You have your choice of chartering one of our vehicles for your group for a Private Tour or buying individual tickets on one of our Scheduled Tours.
Scheduled Tour Details
Our 3-hour scheduled tours depart at 6:00pm from our Passenger Center:
900 North Allen Avenue
Richmond, VA 23220
Scheduled Tour Price: Only $34.00 per person.
- Each tour will have a Guide to provide background information on the houses that are part of the tour
- We anticipate passengers will be able to get off the bus at designated stops subject to CDC recommendations at the time of trip
- A 55-passenger bus will be used with full capacity seating
- A minimum of 25 seats must be purchased in advance in order for the Tour to go
- Ticket email confirmation IS your ticket, print or bring on your mobile device.
- Online ticket sales only.
- No glass containers allowed.
- Paid reservations are required for all ages.
- Buses have Power Outlets for each seat and Wi-Fi.
- All sales final.
James River Guidelines for Scheduled Tacky Light Tours
Reservations are only available on-line or by phone. Reservations at our office or at the bus are not available.
Passengers must sit in their reserved seat.
The first two seats will be reserve for the tour guide.
No paper tickets will be issued. Drivers will check off passengers on the manifest as they board the bus.
By boarding our bus, every passenger certifies that they:
- Have not knowingly been exposed to anyone with a virus.
- Do not have any symptoms based on CDC guidelines.
- Do not have a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher.
Please review James River Transportation’s Clean Care guidelines for more information about our commitment to your safety and comfort while travelling with us.
Paid reservations and seat requests may only be made online with a VISA, MasterCard or American Express card. Currently, reservations cannot be made in-person at our Richmond sales office or at the bus.