The entire World was dramatically affected by COVID-19 and the government shutdown of businesses. While the shutdowns affected James River, many essential businesses relied on our transportation services. We quickly learned the best way to keep the James River Team and our passengers safe utilizing enhanced levels of cleaning and disinfecting; “James River Transportation Clean Care”.
With the goal of minimizing risk and creating a safe travelling environment, James River implemented the following protocols that are aligned and exceed guidance by the CDC, the travel industry, medical community and our own experienced advisors.
Since March 2020, James River has safely operated 5,500 bus trips and 8,900 sedan/van airport transfers.
With our extensive planning, training and experience, we have remained the leading experts in providing safe transportation.
Clean Care Preparation
Prior to every trip, our team will clean and disinfect each vehicle utilizing a check list to ensure a consistently clean, sanitized, and safe vehicle.
- for enhanced cleaning.
- Electrostatic Fogging machines for hard to reach areas.
- UV lighting devices for final decontamination.
- JRT provides best in class training for our cleaners, technicians and staff, for all aspects of the JRT Clean Care delivery.
Clean Care while Travelling
Our professional drivers will maintain a clean and sanitized environment for our passengers while travelling. Throughout the day and at the end of each day, the driver will clean and sanitize high touch areas exposed to potential contamination. This includes:
- Handrails used for entering and exiting vehicle
- The driver area
- Overhead compartments
- Audio / Video equipment
- Seat armrests and seatbelts
- Restroom door handles and exposed surfaces
- Regular trash disposal
- Replenish passenger comfort supplies
Motorcoaches have enhanced airflow and filtration systems that can reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- Fresh air is circulated regularly throughout the vehicle
Clean Care Deep Cleaning
At regular planned intervals, vehicles will undergo enhanced deep cleaning and disinfecting procedures to
supplement daily cleaning.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures include the use of steam cleaners and fogging equipment to ensure the interior of the vehicle is clean.
- Utilize a check list outlining detailed steps to address all areas requiring special attention.
- JRT cleaning technicians are provided best of class training for all aspects of the JRT Clean Care promise.
Clean Care Passenger Comfort
We encourage responsible dialogue to attain the correct level of comfort for your clients within the vehicle. Topics that should be discussed:
- Wearing of face mask by passengers,
- Seating arrangements and vehicle capacity.
Clean Care A Shared Responsibility
“James River Clean Care” is an essential commitment to creating a safe travel experience and environment. It is however requiring a commitment from our guests to act responsibly.
- Hands should be washed often or use of hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash
- If you are ill, or have been exposed to others who have been ill, please do not enter the vehicle.
- Self-certify that you do not have a temperature.
- Monitor and follow CDC guidelines relating to public contact.