In response to the current COVID-19 pandemic and with the utmost care and concern for the continued safety and confidence of our guests and employees, James River Transportation has committed to enhanced levels of cleaning and disinfecting, “James River Transportation Clean Care”.
With the goal of minimizing risk and creating a safe travelling environment, James River will implement the following protocols that are aligned and exceed guidance by the CDC, the travel industry, medical community and our own experienced advisors.
Clean Care Preparation
Prior to every trip, our team will clean and disinfect each vehicle utilizing a check list to ensure a consistently clean, sanitized, and safe vehicle.
- for enhanced cleaning.
- Electrostatic Fogging machines for hard to reach areas.
- UV lighting devices for final decontamination.
- JRT provides best in class training for our cleaners, technicians and staff, for all aspects of the JRT Clean Care delivery.
Clean Care while Travelling
Our professional drivers will maintain a clean and sanitized environment for our passengers while travelling. Throughout the day and at the end of each day, the driver will clean and sanitize high touch areas exposed to potential contamination. This includes:
- Handrails used for entering and exiting vehicle
- The driver area
- Overhead compartments
- Audio / Video equipment
- Seat armrests and seatbelts
- Restroom door handles and exposed surfaces
- Regular trash disposal
- Replenish passenger comfort supplies
Clean Care Deep Cleaning
At regular planned intervals, vehicles will undergo enhanced deep cleaning and disinfecting procedures to
supplement daily cleaning.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures include the use of steam cleaners and fogging equipment to ensure the interior of the vehicle is clean.
- Utilize a check list outlining detailed steps to address all areas requiring special attention.
- JRT cleaning technicians are provided best of class training for all aspects of the JRT Clean Care promise.
Clean Care Passenger Comfort
We encourage responsible dialogue to attain the correct level of comfort for your clients within the vehicle. Topics that should be discussed:
- Wearing of face mask by passengers,
- Seating arrangements and vehicle capacity.
Clean Care A Shared Responsibility
“James River Clean Care” is an essential commitment to creating a safe travel experience and environment. It is however requiring a commitment from our guests to act responsibly.
- Hands should be washed often or use of hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash
- If you are ill, or have been exposed to others who have been ill, please do not enter the vehicle.
- Self-certify that you do not have a temperature.
- Monitor and follow CDC guidelines relating to public contact.
To limit the potential impact of COVID-19 on our employees, company operations and the customers we serve, James River has taken the following additional cautionary measures:
- All international business travel has been suspended for all employees unless explicitly approved by a company executive. Employees are also being asked to curtail nonessential business travel in the U.S.
- Any employee who has visited a country subject to CDC coronavirus travel advisories within the previous two-week period, whether for business or personal purposes, is instructed to stay away from their office for 14 days, and if able, work remotely during that period. Prior to returning to their office, the employee must receive a physician’s clearance.
All international travel within the last two weeks by employees, including travel by household members, or planned international travel through 2020, is to be reported to Human Resources.