James River Transportation invites YOU to become a part of our award winning team. Since 1928 we have been providing exceptional customer service to the community with an outstanding team of employees.
“We are not just a transportation company; we are a customer service business. We just happen to use passenger vehicles as our tools” – Stephen Story, President
Richmond Mechanics maintain a variety of vehicles including motorcoaches, mini-coaches, vans and sedans.
James River Mechanics earn a competitive wage!
- Pay based on experience and certifications
- Apprenticeship program available for new mechanics
- Up to 25% more compensation in benefits
- James River Transportation provides performance bonuses, paid annual leave, 8 paid holidays, health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, health savings plan, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401k, bereavement time, tool allowance.
What makes us different?
- Our reputation. James River is considered one of the best in the country
- Committed to the community
- A reputation for fairness
- Recognition Program
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Must pass a DOT physical
- Drug/alcohol screening
- Submit to a criminal background check
- Complete our orientation, driving and customer service training
- Provide a current driving record
- Possess a great attitude for excellent team interaction
To be a part of the very best, apply online today.
We look forward to welcoming you as a new team member.
James River Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.