James River Transportation provides shuttle service for Norfolk Airport Employees from a parking lot to the main terminal all day, every day, utilizing 23 passenger mini-coaches.
- No classes are scheduled at this time, contact us for more information.
“We are not just a transportation company; we are a customer service business. We just happen to use passenger vehicles as our tools” – Stephen Story, President
James River Shuttle Bus driver starting pay is $10.00 per hour.
- Plus up to 25% more in benefits
- James River Transportation provides performance bonuses, paid annual leave, 8 paid holidays, health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, health savings plan, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401k, bereavement time, quarterly safety credits for drivers.
- Get your CDL with us. When you successfully complete the training program, we will certify you for a Commercial Driver License (Class C). We are certified by DMV to teach, test and administer the CDL Program.
What makes us different?
- Our reputation. James River is considered one of the best in the country
- Committed to the community
- A reputation for fairness
- Recognition Program
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must pass a DOT physical
- Drug/alcohol screening
- Submit to a criminal background check
- Complete our driving and customer service training
- Provide a current driving record
- Possess a great attitude for excellent customer interaction
- Know the Norfolk area
FULL AND PART TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE – Senior Adults and Veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
To be a part of the very best, start your application, complete all sections.
We look forward to welcoming you as a new team member.
James River Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.