James River Transportation’s simulator, a TRANSIM VS IV, provides high fidelity, real-world driving environments that are customized for our particular vehicles.
- Wrap-around plasma screens
- Front and side views of the driving experience
- Digital imaging for realistic graphics of real world situations
- Customized views to match a particular street layout
- Experience scenarios that cannot be safely duplicated in actual driving situations
- Tire blow-out
- Brake failure
- Snow, ice, high winds
- The simulator is set up in a self contained, customized trailer to provide a professional training environment at various locations
- Richmond / Williamsburg / Norfolk
Costing over $200,000, the system is a major investment in safety and we are one of only a few private transportation companies in the world to use a simulator in training. ” It is our obligation to do everything we can to ensure a safe experience for our passengers. The recent availability of the TRANSIMS helps us accomplish this.” says Stephen Story, President.