For decades, James River Transportation has led the industry with innovative programs that ensure a safe experience for passengers. In recognition of June being National Safety Month, here are a few examples of the company’s leadership in the area of Safety:
- Retrofitted their entire fleet with seat belts in 2013
- Performs comprehensive national and local background checks to ensure that a thorough and complete investigation is done
- Utilizes satellite vehicle tracking for location and speed monitoring
- Uses video event recording to monitor driving performance
- Utilizes a driving simulator to let drivers practice crash avoidance, severe weather and equipment failure scenarios
- Screens for, monitors and treats Sleep Apnea
James River Transportation is a full-service transportation provider and event planning organization with facilities located in Richmond and Norfolk. The company also has on-site operations at Richmond International Airport and Norfolk International Airport. Services include motorcoach and minicoach transportation, airport transfers, transportation management, contract services, and convention shuttles.
The company has been in business for over 89 years and is a Certified Member of the International Motorcoach Group (IMG). The IMG is an invitation only partnership of the top transportation companies in North America. IMG members are committed to high levels of safety, service and reliability.