In a move that is counter to the prevailing business trends, James River Bus Lines and Carey Transportation announced that they are improving the benefit package for their employees. The key areas of improvement are:
- 401(K) Plan – increased the company’s contribution from $.75 to $1.00 for every $1.00 the employee contributes. Also increased the limit of company match from 5% to 8% of employee’s salary
- Bereavement Days – the number of paid bereavement days increased from 2 days to 3
- Driver Seniority Terms – shortened the length of time to reach the top pay tier
- Short-Term Disability – Effective May 1, 2010 the weekly benefit will increase from $100.00 to $200.00
- New Holiday – Effective in 2011, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day will be added
Stephen W. Story, President said “Our future success depends on being able to retain and hire great employees. It is important that we make every effort to enhance their total compensation package, even in a tough economic climate.”
James River Bus Lines and its subsidiaries, Carey Transportation and Airport Connection offer a large variety of transportation services throughout Central Virginia and the Tidewater Region.